Monday, June 14, 2004

Requiescat In Pace

My wife's mother died last Wednesday, June 9, 2004. Typically most people fret about their mothers-in-law, but I didn't. She was incredibly nice to me and always treated me like a son (although I'm already the youngest of six). She lived a short 57 years, but died in what was a torturous four months. I've never seen a more horrible death (and I've seen quite a few) than this one. I'm surprised that medical science hasn't figured out a way to deal with this type of cancer, but I'm told that this particular type will never be cured. All I can say is that we had the best in the world working on her, including the guy who wrote the book Principles and Practice of Oncology. If they couldn't figure it out, no one could.

Goodbye Amma, I will miss you dearly.

No comments: