Thursday, April 01, 2004

Someone Likes Air America

Not me, but this guy does. Out of curiosity I listened to the first segment of Al Franken's show off the internet. Ironically, I listened to that in my left ear and Rush in my right ear. If Franken wants to be successful, he needs to be entertaining, which he was not in segment I heard. In fact, it was difficult to listen to, almost to the point where I was embarrassed for him. But that's not the story. The story is that the liberal news is making it a big story. I would normally ignore it, but in this case the bias is so transparent, it makes me want to scream. Franken is on 4 stations while Rush is on 650, and the news is making it out to be like Rush's days are numbered. Moreover, Franken's network's business plan has a major flaw -- you can't buy segments. To get the show, a station must buy all 24 hours of programming. Very few stations are going to buy into that because they have local programming that they want to air, not this crap 24/7. It just aggravates me that NBCABCCBSPBSCNN give this story such prominence.

By the way, I'm inventing a new car in my basement. I've got your number General Motors. Yeah right.

No comments: