Monday, August 02, 2004

Nixon Redux

And speaking of Nixon, Kerry apparently has a plan to cut and run, but won't tell anyone about it:

"I've been involved in this for a long time, longer than George Bush," he said. "I've spent 20 years negotiating, working, fighting for different kinds of treaties and different relationships around the world. I know that as president there's huge leverage that will be available to me, enormous cards to play, and I'm not going to play them in public. I'm not going to play them before I'm president."

Reminded that he sounded like Richard M. Nixon, who campaigned in 1968 by saying he had a secret plan to end the war in Vietnam, Kerry responded: "I don't care what it sounds like. The fact is that I'm not going to negotiate in public today without the presidency, without the power."

"You're not good enough to know what I want to do until I'm president." --I'm John Kerry and I approved this message.

No comments: