Friday, January 02, 2004

Note to self: Don't travel to Brazil.

Brazil joins a long list of countries (almost all of Africa and the Middle East) that I will not be traveling to after a judge, in retaliation for American fingerprinting of Brazilians, will require that all Americans be fingerprinted:


A Brazilian judge furious at U.S. plans to fingerprint and photograph Brazilians entering the United States has ordered Brazil to do the same to U.S. citizens, police said on Tuesday.
"I consider the act absolutely brutal, threatening human rights, violating human dignity, xenophobic and worthy of the worst horrors committed by the Nazis," said Federal Judge Julier Sebastiao da Silva in the court order released on Tuesday.


That's interesting that the judge accuses the US of acting like Nazis, yet he goes and does the same thing. What an idiot. I guess the next time I want to be kidnapped or surf trains, I'll go to Brazil. For the time being, however, I'm staying home.

No comments: